This is an SR-2 model spring brake valve. The SR-2 valve controls the function of the spring brakes on a trailer air brake system during parking and emergency applications. It can automatically apply the spring brakes and prevent trailer air pressure loss in case of breakaway or supply line failure. It also avoids the automatic application of the trailer spring brakes after the loss of trailer service reservoir pressure while allowing failure indication to occur on the tractor. The SR-2 is used on trailers with dual air brake systems. It also provides the ability to release the spring brakes at least once prior to their application. .
OEM Part # 287376
- Limits hold-off pressure to the spring brakes through a quick release relay valve (generally 90-95 PSI).
- It provides a modulated spring brake application to the service braking pressure delivered to the front axle in case of a loss of pressure.
- One 3/4" male pipe thread connection for mounting the valve to the trailer brake reservoir.
- One 1/4" pipe thread supply port.
- Four 3/8" pipe thread delivery ports.
- Two 1/4" pipe thread service reservoir ports.
- One 3/8" pipe thread exhaust port.
- Does not have a trailer service port for anti-compound.
Comes with Safety Caps to Protect the Threads and Mechanism prior Installation.
May also Work as a Replacement for Part: Midwest WA287376, Automann 170.287376, Keene K287376, Velvac 034032, Bendix 287376, Bendix 287376N, Bendix 287376R, Bendix 287376RX, Newstar S-A150.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov (CA Health and Safety Code Section 25249.6).
Pressure Protection Valves